Accessibility Features Statement
In order to make this site more accessible, Environment Canada has created web page templates which:
- are XHTML 1.0 Strict conformant, to improve compatibility with adaptive technologies, handheld devices, browsers and search engines;
- have been successfully tested on a wide range of adaptive technologies and browser/platform combinations to ensure that Canadians can access Web pages regardless of the technology used;
- include major components, such as the common menu bar, side menu, and content area that are properly marked up with headings to simplify navigation with a screen reader;
- employ table-less layout and design to simplify screen reader navigation by reducing the structural complexity of Web pages;
- use scaleable fonts and text-based navigational elements to improve accessibility and simplify navigation using adaptive technologies;
- provide printer-friendly functionality in the Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to render pages more compatible with printers and to prevent printing unnecessary page elements and;
- features a "text only" linear layout option. This can be activated by pressing "Alt+4, Enter" on your keyboard or by clicking on the "Text only" link along the bottom of each page.
To learn more about Government of Canada programs and services related to accessibility please visit Persons with Disabilities Online.
- Date modified: